Wheel Blast Systems - Important Information
OMSG - Officine Meccaniche San Giorgio SpA is the largest Italian manufacturer with more than 40 years of experience in manufacturing high-quality blast systems.
OMSG Wheel Blast Systems
- Distribution worldwide
- Comprehensive range of systems designed to meet your specific needs
- Blast media and dust collector systems
- Replacement parts
- Delivery, installation and service
- High blasting capacity
- Short blast times
- Ease of operation
- Low-noise operation
- Easy access and serviceability
- Small footprint
- Cleaning: measurement and control technology components, pump valves, casting and moulding tools, moulds, soldering and welding seams…
- Core removal: foundry products, sand cast components…
- Fettling: investment cast and non-ferrous cast components, forged components…
- Smoothing: etched and eroded surfaces, finishing marks…
- Decorative blasting: glass, aluminium, stainless steel, non-ferrous metal surfaces…
- Shot peening: heavy-duty components, springs, tooth flanks…
- Deburring: thread cutters, drills, gear wheels, turned and milled components
Blast wheels specifically adapted to each individual requirement are a key feature of our OMSG wheel blast systems:
|Abrasive flow rate
Features And Functionalities
An efficient abrasive recycling system is the indispensable prerequisite for a high blasting capacity, low system wear and short blast times.
Used abrasive is collected from the blast chamber by a screw conveyor or a vibrating chute, transferred to a bucket elevator and delivered to a high-performance air classification system.
Fitted with an adjustable air vane, the cascade classifier separates dust and debris from the recovered abrasive.
Integrated impact separators, coarse screens and an adjustable air wash system efficiently remove the contaminants.
In order to utilise the abrasive as efficiently as possible, parameters such as the dosage of the abrasive and its feed to the wheel blades must be adjustable both conveniently and reproducibly.
Electro-pneumatic slide valves are fitted as standard to allow precision dosing of the blast media and to ensure an instantaneous shut-off to prevent abrasive from being fed to the turbine at the end of the set blast time.
The abrasive feed rate and the associated blast pattern (hot spot) are conveniently adjustable on the external abrasive inlet.
Chamber dimensions, along with the number, arrangement and efficiency of the turbines, are vital and well-matched parameters that ensure optimum performance of our blast systems.